pre-wedding diet to detox and get in shape. It’s common to keep a watch on your calories before your wedding but in a bid to do so, you must not lose out on the nutrition that you require for a healthy glow and high energy levels to enjoy your wedding day. Here are six foods that you must include in your daily diet to stay healthy and fit, even if you are on a diet.
1. Oats: Oats are packed with fiber that is digested slowly and which will give the much-needed energy through the day to finish those many wedding tasks. It is important to load up on foods that keep you full for longer and keep your blood sugar levels steady. You don’t have to restrict oats to your morning meal. Try lovely oat idlis for lunch or an oat apple crumble with your evening tea.
Oats are packed with fiber that is digested slowly
2. Lemon water: Load up on lots of lemon water. The Vitamin C in the drink not only helps in giving you a radiant glow but it also prevents water retention. Water retention may lead to puffy eyes and swollen feet. You can start your day with a glass of honey-lemon water. Lack of fluids in the body can lead to lethargy. You can even have a glass of orange juice every day to get your dose of Vitamin C.
(Also read: Foods That Give You a Natural Glow)Load up on lots of lemon water. Photo Credit: Istock
3. Fruits rich in potassium: Include fruits that are rich in potassium like banana, papaya, pomegranate and apricot. Potassium helps in maintaining the balance of fluids and minerals in your body. Potassium is also known to help relieve anxiety and stress.
4. Chia seeds: Chia seeds are great for your skin. They are one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that keep you cells nourished and make your skin glow. Omega-3 fats are known to strengthen the cell membranes that make the inflow of nutrients and the outflow of toxins easy. Omega-3 fatty acids also help in lowering the stress hormones in the body. Sprinkle them over your cereal or blend them in a shake.
(Also read: How to Eat Chia Seeds) Chia seeds are great for your skin. Photo Credit: Istock
5. Lean proteins: Pile on lean proteins such as lean meat, fatty fish, nuts and seeds and healthy fats. These provide satiety and reduce your cravings so you’re not tempted to eat junk.
6. Antioxidant rich foods and probiotics: Choose green vegetables like spinach and broccoli and seasonal berries that are rich in antioxidants which protect you from diseases. Probiotics like yogurt are great for your gut and help in preventing digestive issues.
Don’t skip any of your meals. Eat small and frequent meals to keep your metabolism going and your energy up, which you will need during the hectic days of wedding preparations.
The wedding season is finally here and if you’re a bride-to-be, we have some great tips for you. The most important thing for a bride is perhaps to look her best on her big day. Along with your elaborate clothes, make-up and jewellery, the glow on your face and a positive vibe are equally important. A lot of women are known to adopt a quick