Aamras Ki Kadhi Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Aditya Bal and his eager group of students get set to tackle Rajputana with a delicious Aamras ki Kadhi. A quick, easy and tangy curry.
Ingredients of Aamras Ki Kadhi
- For the Kadhi:
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 cup kairi puree (raw mango)
- 1 cup thin buttermilk
- 1/4 cup besan mixed with some butteremilk, paste like
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp heeng(asafoetida)
For the Base:
1 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp zeera
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few kadi patta (curry leaves)
- 2-3 green chillies slit
- 2-3 Tbsp boondi
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp julienne ginger (a handful)
- 1 kashmiri chilly, chopped
- Some coriander leaves
- Some methi leaves
How to Make Aamras Ki Kadhi
- In a bowl add the mango puree, kairi puree and buttermilk.
- Add to this the besan paste through a sieve to get rid of the lumps.
- Add the turmeric, red chilly, salt and heeng to this.
- Combine all well.
For the base:
- Add the oil in a kadhai.
- Add the zeera to the oil and allow them to crackle.
- Add the methi and mustard seeds along with the kadi patta.
- Add the green chillies and saute.
- Now while keep stirring this tempering add the liquid mixture you prepared above to this.
- Mix well.
- If you think it has become very thick add some more buttermilk to adjust the consistency.
- Now add a couple of tablespoons of the boondi.
- Let its simmer for about 6-8 minutes till the mixture thickens a bit.
For the tadka:
- In a pan heat some oil (about a teaspoon).
- Add some julienne ginger to it.
- Add the chillies to it and saute.
- Add some coriander leaves, methi leaves. You can add any herbs you like.
- Add some boondi also to this tempering to make it a bit crispy.
- Pour the tempering over the curry.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: mango
, gram flour
, kashmiri mirch
, vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, mustard seeds
, curry leaves
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, dried fenugreek leaves