Recipe of Algerienne Fish
Algerienne fish is a tangy French recipe. Fish fillets are marinated in lemon juice, baked and topped with a freshly made tomato sauce.
- 1/2 kg fish fillet
- 1 lemon, juice
- 6-8 parsley stalks
- 1 green capsicum - sliced and blanched
- 1 red capsicum - sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 kg peeled, seeded tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Algerienne Fish
- Season the fish and squeeze lemon juice. Add parsley stalks.
- Cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, fry onions in butter until soft. Add capsicums.
- Season well and add garlic. Stir in tomatoes and paprika.
- Cook well.
- Spoon over this mix over the fish and garnish with parsley.