Apple Crumble with Singhara Atta
Recipe Servings: 2
Apple crumble with a twist, this one's made with singhara atta and the goodness of raisins and coconut. A perfect Navratra delicacy.
- 1/2 kg apples - peeled, cored & cut into 1/2" dices
- 1/2 coconut - flesh grated
- 50 gm raisins
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cloves
- Grated nutmeg
- 2-3 Tbsp grated gur / shakkar
For the Topping:
150 gm singhada atta
- 75 gm chilled butter
- 75 gm grated gur / shakkar
- Combine the apples with the coconut, raisins, spice and shakkar.
- Spoon into a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Combine the singhada atta and shakkar.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180 C/ 350 F for 20 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and colored.
- Serve hot with custard, ice cream or cream.