Apple Tart Recipe
Recipe Servings: 6
A crisp tart with cinnamon flavored sugary apples and apricot jam. A mouthful of this apple tart and you will be asking for more.
Ingredients of Apple Tart
- 180 g puff pastry, thinly rolled into a circle 30 cm in diameter 30 g butter, cut into cubes
- 4 green apples, peeled
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam or marmalade
- 2 green apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 85 g sugar
How to Make Apple Tart
- To make the Apple Filling:
- Place a wide saucepan on a medium heat and put in the diced apples and with the sugar. Heat and stir until they start to break down.
- You can mash them with the back of the spoon to help them along.
- Keep stirring until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then turn off the heat and put in the cinnamon powder.
- Continue to stir and mash the apple mixture for about a minute more, then set aside.
For the Tart:
- Preheat the oven to 230°C, 450°F or gas mark 8.
- Take one of the peeled apples and cut off the sides without cutting into the core, which you can then throw away.
- Cut the apple pieces into thin wedges and repeat this with the rest of the apples.
- Place the puff pastry circle on a baking tray, and spread the apple filling evenly over its surface.
- Next, layer the apple wedges in a circle carefully around the side and finish off with an arrangement in the center. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top of the tart.
- Then also place on various small knobs of butter.
- Place the tart into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, and then remove.
- Put the apricot jam or marmalade into a small saucepan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Heat on a medium temperature and stir together until the jam liquefies. Then take off the heat.
- Using a brush, paint the surface of the tart with the liquefied jam. This will give it a glazed, shiny look, and add to the flavor.
- Apple tart is now ready to serve.