Barbecued Leg of Lamb Recipe
Recipe Servings: 1
Beautiful pink coloured leg of lamb infused with cloves of garlic, smeared with dangerously delicious spices and cooked in the oven till well done.
Ingredients of Barbecued Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb
- 4 inch long pieces of raw papaya
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp slivers of garlic
- 2 Tbsp oil
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 Tbsp mushroom paste
- 2 Tbsp tamarind sauce mixed with a dash of chilli sauce and vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gherkins
- 250 ml meat stock
- 2 tsp cornflour
How to Make Barbecued Leg of Lamb
- Slice the papaya finely and smear it on the leg of lamb.
- Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Infuse garlic slivers into the meat.
- Combine all the spices and spread it across the lamb.
- Set this aside for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a roasting tin until it gets smoking hot.
- Place the lamb in the tin and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes per half kg.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and bring to boil.
- Thicken with cornflour and serve aside the lamb.
Key Ingredients: mustard powder
, corn flour, meat stock
, red chilli
, lamb meat
, black pepper
, vegetable oil