Recipe of Basil Butter Bread
Recipe Servings: 4
Bread smeared with a flavorful basil butter, topped with grated cheese and baked golden. A quick and easy snack for your brunch party!
- 1 French baguette
- 7 large garlic cloves or 14 small garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter (Salted)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Salt, a pinch
- 2 Tbsp processed cheese, grated
How to Make Basil Butter Bread
- In a mortar and pestle crush the garlic cloves. Add the washed basil leaves and a pinch of salt. Crush the leaves.
- Add 1/2 tsp olive oil in it and make a fine paste.
- In a small bowl add the butter (melted) and mix the basil-garlic paste. Your basil butter is ready.
- Cut the baguette in half (from top), then slice it horizontally. You will have 4 portions now. Apply the basil butter on your baguette/ bread slices.
- Top it with grated cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or till the bread & cheese is golden brown at 200 degrees C.
- Serve with pasta or as a snack.