Recipe Servings: 4
Healthy and hearty soup of beetroot and bottle gourd, tastes good hot or cold.
- 1 cup beet root - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bottle gourd (ghiya) - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup potato - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt - to taste
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- Chopped coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Place the beetroot, bottle gourd, onion, tomato and potato with two cups of water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
- Cool and blend in a blender. Strain through a sieve.
- Add sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: beetroot
, pepper, coriander leaves
, bottle gourd
, black pepper