Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha Maka Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Prawns cooked in assorted masalas, potatoes, kokam, served with corn-red bell pepper-tomato accompaniment.
Ingredients of Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha Maka
- 1/2 cup coconut, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 16 grade A prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 kokams
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup ambhe more rice (or tukra basmati)
- 1 can coconut milk, thick
- Dew sprigs coriander leaves (for garnish)
For Phodni Cha Maka:
- Few drops oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 2 cups corn kernels (makai), boiled
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chaat powder
- Few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
How to Make Bhatata Ani Jhinga Rassa With Phodni Cha Maka
- In a pan dry roast grated coconut and coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, sesame seeds and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, add little oil and saute sliced onion till nice and golden.
- When cool, blend it to make a smooth paste. Add water if required.
- In a kadhai, add oil. When heated, add the ground masala, chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Cut the potatoes and add to the masala. Mix well.
- When potatoes are half done, add water if required.
- Then add prawns, kokam and garam masala.
- Add coconut milk and let it simmer of 8-10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
For Phodni Cha Maka:
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, asafoetida, onion, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute for few minutes and add chopped corn, red bell pepper.
- Add tomato. Season with salt, lemon juice, chaat powder and fresh coriander.
- Serve both the dishes hot with the Ambhe More Rice (or Tukra Basmati)
Key Ingredients: desiccated coconut
, coriander seeds
, cumin seeds
, red chilli
, sesame seeds
, vegetabe oil, potatoes
, garam masala
, coconut milk
, coriander leaves
, mustard seeds
, green chillies
, curry leaves
, bell pepper