Recipe of Candied Sweet Potatoes with Black Sesame
Recipe Servings: 4
Cooling on the palette and a great way to finish a delicious meal. Sweet potatoes tossed with soy caramel and black sesame seeds.
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Oil to fry
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- Fruit slices, to garnish
For the sugar syrup / soy caramel:
1 Tbsp soy
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup sugar
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes with Black Sesame
- In a pan add oil and fry the sweet potato cubes till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- In a deep bottomed pan add soy sauce, water and sugar. Cook till sugar melts. Keep stirring continuously till the syrup is light brown in color (Resembles the color of caramel).
- Add the fried sweet potatoes. Cook till well coated.
- Add the black sesame seeds. Toss well.
- Garnish with some kiwi slices or any fruit of your choice. Serve.