Recipe Servings: 4
An easy and hassle free Cauliflower Cheese recipe that makes for a satisfying meal. Cauliflower florets mingled in a cheesy-mustard sauce.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50 gm butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of chili powder
- 300 ml milk
- 50 gm plain flour
- 125 gm cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wash the florets and cook them in a pan of boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Melt the butter and tip in the cumin seeds followed by the chili powder. Add the milk and flour and mix until smooth, stirring constantly. Tip in the salt, pepper and mustard.
- Add the cheese, leaving a little to sprinkle on top.
- Pour a little of the sauce to cover the base of an ovenproof dish and then add the florets.
- Then spoon over the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the leftover cheese and the green chili.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with boiled carrots and green beans.
Key Ingredients: cauliflower
, cumin seeds
, red chilli
, cheddar cheese
, white pepper
, green chillies
, mustard powder