Channa Doss Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
Bite into a sweet treat made in minutes. Traditional barfi made with channa dal. Channa Doss is a Goan preparation made with just a few ingredients.
Ingredients of Channa Doss
- 1 cup Bengal gram
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup (240 gm) sugar
- A greased plate to set the barfi in
How to Make Channa Doss
- Boil the daal with the salt and enough water to be absorbed by the lentils when cooked through, and then let it cool.
- Blend to a paste and place in a heavy based pan along with coconut milk, cardamoms and sugar and mix well. Place over low heat, and stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, and cook to thicken the mixture, stirring to prevent it from scorching. When the mixture collects together and does not flow any more it is the right thickness.
- Transfer on to the greased plate, level it by wetting your spatula with water (to avoid sticking), and leave to set.
- When cool and set, cut into squares or diamonds arrange in a serving dish, and serve.