Recipe of Chicken Cantonese Soup
Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken simmered with onions, carrots, celery, salt, soya, chili sauce and vinegar.
- 1 breast of chicken - de-boned and cubed
- 1 spring onion - chopped fine
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water to dissolve cornflour
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or to taste
How to Make Chicken Cantonese Soup
- Put stock in a sauce pan, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture and cook till the chicken is tender.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar and simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, spring onion
, chicken stock
, soya sauce
, red chilli