Chicken Crumble Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Tender chicken mingled with a creamy coconut sauce and topped with breadcrumbs. Chicken Crumble is the perfect supper recipe!
Ingredients of Chicken Crumble
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, cored, skinned and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cm knob of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, bruised and roughly chopped
- 225 gm breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
How to Make Chicken Crumble
- Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place the red pepper, onions, garlic, ginger chili and lemon grass into a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste.
- Divide the paste into 2 (half for the crumble and half for the sauce).
For the Crumble:
- Add the breadcrumbs and zest of lemon, to form a dry crumb.
For the Sauce:
- Place the remaining paste into a saucepan, add the coconut milk and bring to the simmer.
- Mix in the dissolved corn flour and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Place the chicken into an ovenproof dish and drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the chicken and then transfer to the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the Chicken Crumble with Pan Haggerty.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, bell pepper
, spring onion
, red chilli
, lemon juice
, olive oil