Chicken in White Wine and Garlic Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Tender chunks of chicken and bacon tossed in the flavors of garlic and white wine. Full of flavor and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients of Chicken in White Wine and Garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 50 gm plain flour
- 4 Tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 4 rashers lean bacon, chopped
- 10-12 small onions or shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 180 gm mushrooms, sliced
- 25 gm butter
- 500 gm boneless and skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, washed or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
How to Make Chicken in White Wine and Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the pepper with the flour and coat the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of oil and when it becomes hot, tip in the bacon. Fry until it becomes brown.
- Then tip in the onions and fry till they turn golden brown on the outside. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon, onions and mushrooms into a heatproof casserole dish with a lid.
- Add the remaining oil and the butter in the frying pan and fry the chicken 5-7 minutes until it is browned on the outside. Place the chicken in the casserole with the vegetables.
- Pour the wine into the frying pan and bring to the boil scraping any sediment from the bottom of the pan, then pour over the ingredients in the casserole.
- Place the chicken stock, garlic, bay leaves and thyme in the fry pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the stock and herbs to the chicken.
- Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, black pepper
, all purpose flour
, olive oil
, white wine
, chicken stock
, bay leaf