Chicken Schezwan Rice Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Rice with chicken, prawns and an assortment of veggies.
Ingredients of Chicken Schezwan Rice
- 250 gm long-grain basmati rice
- 1 carrot -washed, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup french beans -washed and finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum -washed, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions-washed and chopped
- 1 cup chicken-shredded
- 1/2 cup small shrimps-cooked
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp celery -washed, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp (Chinese salt) - optional
- 1/4 tsp salt-to taste
- 1 onion-sliced
- 3-5 drops oil
- 1 garlic-chopped
- 1/2 cup tinned mushrooms-washed, drained and chopped or fresh mushrooms-washed and chopped (optional)
How to Make Chicken Schezwan Rice
- Put a tsp of oil in a vessel. Fry the onion till transparent.
- Add carrots, beans, capsicum, celery, spring onion and mushrooms, if desired.
- Cook for a few minutes until they begin to turn brown. Transfer to another vessel.
- Now, fry the chicken and prawns.
- Pour a little oil in the vessel. Add chopped garlic.
- When it turns brown, remove it and keep aside.
- Once the oil is flavoured with garlic, put the rice in the same vessel of oil. Fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, chicken and prawns.
- Cook the rice in the chicken stock.
- When the rice is cooked, add all the sauces.
- Increase heat and fry for 5 minutes. Stir and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Basmati Rice
, Soya Sauce
, Chilli Sauce, Salt
, red chilli
, french beans
, brown sauce