Recipe Servings: 6
A one pot dish of chicken, bacon, corn, mushrooms and spinach cooked together in cream and yogurt.
- 200 gm diced bacon
- 6 chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 300 gm sweet corn kernels
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 150 ml yogurt
- 75 ml thick cream
- Salt and pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 kg spinach leaves
- 2 peeled and sliced tomatoes
- 200 gm sliced and sauteed mushrooms
- Saute bacon and chicken in oil until golden.
- Add corn, garlic and vinegar.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Transfer chicken to an ovenproof dish.
- Stir yoghurt and cream into chicken gravy.
- Season and add nutmeg. Pour over chicken.
- Cover with spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with mushrooms.
Key Ingredients: bacon
, vegetable oil
, black pepper
, mustard seeds