Dahi ki Pakori Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
A super easy two part recipe - fry pakories first and dip them in spiced yogurt.
Ingredients of Dahi ki Pakori
- 1 cup dhuli moong ki daal-soaked in water for 4-6 hrs
- 2 Tbsp dhuli urad-soaked in water for 4-6 hrs
- Oil for deep frying
- A large saucepan with 8 cups of water and 1 tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups yoghurt-beaten smooth
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds-roasted and powdered
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp black rock salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
How to Make Dahi ki Pakori
- Drain the water from the lentils and grind them very fine, either in a blender or on a stone, using as little water as possible, preferably none.
- Whip the lentils till light.
- Heat the oil. To test if the oil is at the right temperature, drop a little batter in it - if it comes up immediately, it is ready.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into the oil.
- Lower the heat to medium, and let the pakories fry till golden on all sides. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Lift the pakories out of the oil with a slotted spoon, and drop them in salted water. Continue till all the batter is used up.
- Add salt, black pepper, 1 tea spoon powdered cumin seeds and 1/2 tea spoon of black rock salt to the yoghurt and mix well.
- Squeeze out the pakories, dip them in the yoghurt mixture, and arrange on a serving dish.
- Pour the remaining yoghurt sauce over them.
- Garnish with the rest of the powdered cumin seeds, black salt, chilli powder and coriander leaves. Serve chilled.