Recipe of Dum Pukht's Galouti Kebab
Chef Sultan of Dum Pukht at Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi, teaches how to make the lip smacking and ever so delicious, succulent galouti kebabs.
- 1/2 kg minced mutton (use mutton leg or mutton shoulder which is very fine and reddish in colour, double minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp kebab chini powder
- 1 tsp raw papaya paste (helps to tenderize the meat)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp saffron (mixed in warm milk)
- 1 tsp browned onion, paste
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp gulab jal
- A dash of ittar (a natural perfume oil derived from botanical sources)
- 1 tsp ghee to fry the kebabs
How to Make Dum Pukht's Galouti Kebab
- Add to the minced meat, salt, chilly, kebab chini, green papaya paste, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, saffron, desi ghee, gulab jal and a dash of ittar.
- Mix all togethar and very finely. Mixing is a very important part of this recipe.
- Once done, heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Make flattened rounds of the mixture. You can use little water so that the meat does not stick to your hands.
- Fry the kebabs.
- Serve hot. Goes best with sheermal or mughlai parantha.
Key Ingredients: Mutton
, red chilli
, garam masala
, clarified butter
, rose water
, coriander leaves
, gram flour
, ghee, gulab jal