Recipe Servings: 10
Serve these basic pancakes with a sweet or a savoury filling/sauce.
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Oil to cook the pancakes
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, oil, vanilla essence and enough water to form a smooth paste. The batter should be of a coating consistency. Add more water if required.
- Take a frying pan of about 6'-7' diameter and heat oil in it.
- When the oil gets hot, turn over the pan and drain the excess oil off it.
- Increase the heat again, and pour batter in the pan.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan for about 10 seconds. Uncover the pan.
- When edges of the pancake start lifting on its own, the pancake is done.
- Just loosen the edges and turn the pan upside down over a plate and serve.