Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes
Sweet Siren! Red velvet cupcakes calling, this time with a twist. Get the radiant red colour with an innovative addition of beetroot. Indulge and enjoy.
- 3/4 cup beetroot puree
- 1 1/2 cups refined flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sugar sprinklers for decoration
- Edible sugar balls for decoration
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Line a silicon cupcake mould tray with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Take beetroot puree in another bowl.
- Add oil and sugar and mix well.
- Blend the mixture till well mixed.
- Transfer into another bowl.
- Add vinegar and milk to beetroot mixture and whisk well, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the flour mixture into beetroot mixture and fold lightly till well blended into a batter.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners filling 3/4th.
- Put the mould in the preheated oven and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- To make topping, combine cream, butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add cream cheese and whisk well.
- Remove the mould from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Remove cupcakes from the mould, pipe out the topping on each, decorate with sugar sprinklers and sugar balls.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Key Ingredients: beetroot
, baking powder
, icing sugar
, cream cheese