Recipe of Falafel with Pita Bread
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern snack. Chick pea balls fried and sliced between pita bread along with sour cream and tahini sauce.
- 1/2 kg chickpeas - soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp coriander
- 1/2 green chilli
- 3 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 small onion-diced
- 75 ml water
- 25 gm flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
How to Make Falafel with Pita Bread
- Mince all ingredients together.
- Make 50 small balls out of the mixture and deep fry over a moderate flame until golden in color and completely cooked.
- Drain and serve.
- These are good in a pita sandwich:
- Split the pita on one side (lengthwise) to form and opening.
- Place a layer of falafel, some tahini, sour cream and lettuce along with some chopped onions and serve.
Key Ingredients: chickpeas
, coriander leaves
, cumin seeds
, baking soda
, green chillies
, black pepper