Recipe of Fish Fry
Recipe Servings: 6
Marinated fish fried crisp.
- 1 kg singhara-cut into thick slices and with skin
- 1 Tbsp powdered yellow peppers
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ajwain
- 2 Tbsp gram flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- Mustard oil to deep-fry the fish
- Chaat masala and lemon wedges for garnish
How to Make Fish Fry
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil and apply to the fish. Marinate for about 1/2 an hour.
- Heat the oil in a kadahi; when hot, add as many pieces as fit in comfortably. Fry over high heat till lightly coloured, and the masala forms a coat over it.
- Remove fish from oil, and set aside over a colander.
- Heat oil again, before frying the remaining pieces.
- Before serving, heat the oil and add the pieces of fish to it; press them down a little and fry till cooked through and crisp on top.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot, sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon wedges on the side.