Fresh Fruit Shortcake
Recipe Servings: 4
A buttery shortcake with fresh fruits and whipped cream. Perfect for tea time and a treat for the kids.
- 200 gm flour
- 125 gm butter
- 50 gm icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Assorted seasonal fruit
- Whipped cream
- Jelly to glaze
- Sift the flour onto a cool surface into a ring.
- Place butter, yolks, sugar and vanilla in center. Work into a smooth paste.
- Draw in flour and knead lightly into smooth dough. Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out to a 9" round, 1/4 " thick. With a fork poke all over.
- Bake at 180 degrees C 15- 20 minutes or till golden in color.
- When cool, brush with glaze, cover with fruit and finish with cream.
- You can also cut the cake into half and fill with the fruits in between.