Chicken cooked in simple and mild flavors with an extra ginger punch.
- 1 kg chicken
- 4 tomatoes, medium size (roughly cut)
- 250 ml or 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp salt, leveled or as to taste
- 1 Tbsp red chilli powder, heaped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya), leveled
- 100 gm ginger (cut in julienne)
- 3/4 cup oil
- In a blender, put roughly chopped tomatoes and milk. Blend till tomatoes are well blended and no chunks are left. Let it remain in the blender for now.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add chicken in it. Stir fry till chicken starts turning white. Add salt and further stir fry till chicken completely turns white from pink.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander seeds powder. Mix well so that chicken is well coated with spices. Now pour the tomatoes and milk mixture.
- In the same blender's jug, put 1 1/2 cups water. Cover the lid and shake well so that the sides are washed.
- Now pour this water in chicken and mix. Increase flame to high and bring a boil. Add in the ginger julienne. Mix, cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally till chicken is cooked.
- Remove cover and reduce water on high heat till the gravy gets a little thickened and leaves oil on sides.
- Enjoy hot with chapati/bread .