Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken) Recipe
One of Rocky Singh's favorite Thai dish. Chicken mince tossed in mild oriental flavors with aromatic basil leaves.
Ingredients of Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken)
- 500 gm coarse chicken mince
- 1/2 pod garlic chopped
- 5 green or red chilly, pasted
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp palm sugar (or plain sugar)
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- Fish sauce to taste (or salt)
- Pepper to taste
- 25 basil Leaves
How to Make Gka Prow Gai (Basil Chicken)
- Heat oil in pan till very hot.
- Add garlic till brown, then onion, chilly paste and sugar.
- As soon as onion turns transparent add the mince and cook till almost done.
- Add a little water (30 ml) once it starts cooking well
- Add the sauces (soy, oyster and fish) and the pepper.
- When the mince is done add the basil leaves.
- Serve hot.
- Cook the mince well before adding the sauces. (do not overcook)
- Add the basil leaves right at the end and switch off heat as soon as you do, the leaves will taste better when fresh.
- Serve fresh and eat with plain rice.
Key Ingredients: basil
, fish sauce
, oyster sauce
, red chilli
, green chillies
, vegetable oil
, soya sauce
, black pepper