Recipe of Gulgule
Recipe Servings: 12
Thick batter made out of atta, saunf, gur and ghee, deep fried.
- 2 1/2 cups atta
- 1 1/4 cup gur
- 1 Tbsp saunf
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to Make Gulgule
- Cover the gur with hot water and stir till dissolved.
- In another bowl, add atta, ghee, salt and baking powder.
- Add the gur solution to it to form a batter of dropping consistency (adding more water if required).
- Add the saunf.
- Heat oil and add equivalent to a tbsp of the batter over high heat.
- Lower the heat and let the gulgula cook over medium heat.
- Remove the fried piece with a slotted spoon.
- Increase the heat and then drop as many lumps as come in comfortabley without touching each other.
- Lower the heat and cook, turning once or twice till brown.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.