Hot Yellow Curry with Vegetables
Industrial engineer turned gourmet food restaurateur, Varun Tuli prepares a zingy curry with vegetables, spices and fresh turmeric giving this oriental savory an Indian kick.
- For the base:
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh turmeric chopped (you can use powdered turmeric also)
- 1 Tbsp fresh galangal chopped (a young ginger root with a distinct flavor)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 tsp green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh red chillies finely chopped
- 500 ml evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
A pinch of sugar
For the veggies:
- 1/2 cup string beans diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli medium florets
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed eggplant
- 1 Tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a wok, and then add turmeric, chopped galangal, lemongrass, chillies and saute.
- Add evaporated milk & a just a little bit of water (1/4 cup) to thin the curry and let it boil.
- Season with salt, sugar and cook till dissolved well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Saute vegetables with some oil and garlic in another pan.
- Add the pinch of salt and let it saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the curry & bring to boil. Cover it and let it simmer for 7 - 8 minutes till the vegetables cook.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: vegetable oil
, french beans
, green chillies
, red chilli