Khoya Stuffed Matar Ki Tikki
Recipe Servings: 4
A great contrast of flavors. Sharper outside and sweet inside. Balance the flavors with a tangy pea tikki stuffed with a sweet khoya and date filling.
- For the tikki:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp desi ghee
- 1 1/2 tsp zeera
- 1 pinch heeng mixed with water
- 3 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 bowl de-shelled peas
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp besan
For the filling:
- 60-70 gms khoya
- 2 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 3 tsp pista (heaped), chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 dates, chopped
- Oil to pan grill / shallow fry the tikkis
- In a pan add ghee, zeera, heeng water, green chillies and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the peas, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute till the peas start to brown a little on the outside.
- Once cooked, blend the coarsely in a mixer. Do not make a fine paste. Mix besan to it and make a stiff mixture.
- In a bowl crumble the khoya. Add chillies, pista, coriander leaves and dates. Mix well.
- Take some of the pea mixture in your hand and stuff it with the khoya filling.
- Shallow fry these tikkis in a pan and serve with tangy chutneys.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, cumin seeds
, green chillies
, green peas
, coriander powder
, gram flour
, coriander leaves
, vegetable oil