Lemon Sponge Pudding
Recipe Servings: 4
A lemony pudding with a light sponge. Served with a scoop of ice cream and dusted with some icing sugar.
- 50 gm butter
- 100 gm castor sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 50 gm flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream the sugar, butter and lemon rind until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks.
- Stir in the milk and flour. Whip the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof bowl and put this bowl in a water bath.
- (A water bath is a larger pan containing water in which to place the smaller cake baking pan. This is done to keep the oven moisture high)
- Bake at 180 degree C for 45 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream.