Summers are incomplete without litchi and that is why we have litchi sorbet to beat the heat. You can also add a little twist to it by adding vodka.
Ingredients of Litchi Sorbet
- 500g of fresh litchi
- 100g of caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 lime for lime juice
How to Make Litchi Sorbet
- Put the litchi in a pan with the water and sugar, and bring to a boil. Mix well, making sure the sugar has dissolved fully. Then allow it to cool.
- When the compote has cooled, deseed the litchis and keep aside the syrup.
- Mix the litchi flesh with the sugar syrup and blend in the lime juice. Chuck them into the food processor and blitz until everything is chopped and of even consistency. Then if you like, press everything through a sieve for extra smoothness.
- Freeze the mixture until solid.
- Once solid, smash up the sorbet and churn again for 5-10 minutes. Freeze overnight and then serve.
- Note: You may if you like, add a dash of vodka, for an alcohol-laced sorbet.
Key Ingredients: litchi, lime juice