Recipe Servings: 7
A sensuous recipe with aphrodisiacal ingredients like rose water, honey, nutmeg, cardamom and lemon.
- 7 eggs
- 500 gm castor sugar
- 250 gm semolina
- 375 gm raw cashews - chopped
- 2 Tbsp rose water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind grated
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) square tin with 2 thicknesses of greaseproof Paper. Brush inner paper with melted butter.
- Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until light and creamy. Stir in a semolina, cashews, rose water, honey, lemon rind, spices and almond essence.
- Beat egg whites until they hold firm peaks and fold into the mixture, turn into prepare tin and bake in moderately slow oven until cake is evenly golden brows on top and feels firm to the touch.
- If cake starts to brown too quickly, cover top with paper or foil.
- When cooked the center of the cake should still be somewhat moist so the skewer test is not recommended.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to get quite cold before cutting.
- Do not attempt to turn out this cake. Cut into small squares and lift each one separately on to serving plate.