Recipe of Low Fat Butter Chicken
Recipe Servings: 3
Here is the recipe of a low fat butter chicken. It's not at all rich but is yummy and quick to make. Get the flavors of butter chicken without any butter.
- 400 gm chicken sliced / chunks
- 4 large onions
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 laung / cloves
- 2 tej pata / bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 cardamom
- 5-6 (or one tin )large red tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli or more if you want it really spicy
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
- 3-4 green chillies slit from the middle and de seeded
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- 1/4 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 tsp oil
How to Make Low Fat Butter Chicken
- Take a pan and put 2 tsp oil. Not too much cause there will be oil coming out of chicken as well.
- Now add onion cut in long slices, cinnamon, tej pata, cardamom, garlic paste. Saute all this in oil nicely til the onion gets little brown.
- close your gas and let the onions cool. Once they are little cool, churn / blend all this with chopped tomatoes and the curd / yogurt till you have a smooth paste.
- Note: Do not wash the pan in which onion was cooked before and let the left over oil of onions be in the pan.
- Now take the earlier pan and saute chicken in left over oil of onion.
- After chicken is almost done, add the onion, tomato/curd paste with chicken and cook.
- Add salt to taste, red chilli, coriander powder, haldi, green chillies.
- Finally let chicken get cook until the oil comes out and starts floating on the top.
- The color of the tomatoes should change to a nice red by now.
- Garnish it with coriander before serving.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, bay leaf
, black cardamom
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, vegetable oil