Machcher Dompokht Recipe
Recipe Servings: 6
Fish cooked in a gravy of yoghurt, poppy seeds and almonds
Ingredients of Machcher Dompokht
- 1 kg rohu-cut into big pieces
- 250 gm ghee
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tbsp ground poppy seed paste
- 2 tbsp onions-chopped
- 1 tbsp green chillies-chopped
- 1 tbsp ground almond paste
- 500 gm yoghurt
- 100 gm raisins
How to Make Machcher Dompokht
- Rub in the salt into the fish pieces and saute lightly on low flame for a few minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chopped onion in the yoghurt and pour over the fish and marinate well.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and fry the chopped onions and add to the fish.
- Simmer for about 5-6 minutes and then add a tsp of ghee and remove from fire. Serve hot.