Recipe of Matar Pulao
Recipe Servings: 4
Peas and spices jazz up plain rice to make a delicious pulao.
- 2 cups basmati rice-washed and soaked for at least 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 cups shelled peas
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
How to Make Matar Pulao
- In a heavy-based pan, heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds and ginger.
- When the ginger browns a little, add the rice, peas, garam masala, salt and turmeric. Stir-fry well. Leave uncovered.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover.
- The rice should be done in about ten minutes. Serve hot.