Mixed Lettuce Salad with Grilled Haloumi Recipe
Rocket leaves, lollo rosso, and ice berg lettuce served with freshly made dressing, grilled Haloumi and slice beetroot on the side.
Ingredients of Mixed Lettuce Salad with Grilled Haloumi
- 1 medium beetroot, whole
- 2-4 leaves of rocket / arugula
- 4-6 leaves of lolo rosso lettuce
- 2 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Cheese Marinade:
- 200 gm Haloumi cheese/ cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 pinch zatar spice (Moroccan spice)
- 1 pinch sumac spice (Moroccan spice)
- 1 pinch roasted cumin powder
For the Dressing:
- 3-4 pieces of sundried tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
How to Make Mixed Lettuce Salad with Grilled Haloumi
- Season the beetroot with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Wrap it in an aluminum foil and bake it at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, slice it into thin round pieces and keep aside
- Slice the Haloumi cheese into thick rectangular slices.
- Marinate the cheese with extra virgin olive oil, fresh oregano, zattar spice, sumac spice and roasted cumin powder.
- Leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill the marinated Haloumi till it has deep brown grill marks.
For the dressing:
- Blend all the ingredients for the dressing together into a thick fluid consistency.
- If need, add the vegetable stock.
To assemble the salad:
- In a bowl, tear in the rocket leaves, lollo rosso, and ice berg lettuce.
- Spoon the dressing into the salad and mix well.
- Serve the salad with grilled Haloumi and slice beetroot on the side.
Key Ingredients: Rocket Leaves
, Cottage Cheese
, Cumin seeds
, black pepper
, Parmesan cheese
, mustard seeds
, Olive Oil