Recipe of Moong Flour Pesarattu
Recipe Servings: 2
Pesarattu is a popular traditional Andhra Pradesh dosa made with moong dal and rice flour. This recipe is an amazing pick for a healthy, quick and easy breakfast.
- 1 cup sprouted moong flour
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dry red chili
- 1 tsp green chili
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 Tbsp onion ( chopped)
- 1 tsp of ghee or butter
How to Make Moong Flour Pesarattu
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 cup sprouted moong flour, 2 tablespoon rice flour and salt.
- Add water (as required) to make thin flowing consistency batter, which should be like dosa/ chilla batter's consistency. Keep it aside.
- Chop 1 teaspoon each of ginger,dry red chili, green chili and curry leaves and add 1teaspoon cumin (grounded) to the pesarattu batter.
- Rest the batter for 30 mins to infuse all flavours together. Add salt as per taste.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil on a non stick pan and pour a laddle of the batter. Move the pan in a circular motion to coat the entire circumfrence, like crepes ,chiila or dosa is generally made.
- Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoon of chopped onion over the pesarattu, and add 1 teaspoon of ghee or butter for richer taste &flavour.
- Cook over slow flame till crisp & golden. Serve hot with coconut chutney.