Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
A yummy sandwich made with muffuletta bread, olive spread and loads of vegetables. Served with french fries and salad.
Ingredients of Muffuletta Sandwich
- 400 gm muffuletta bread
- 3 grilled red bell peppers
- 3 grilled yellow bell peppers
- 120 gm provolone cheese
- 100 gm sliced onions
- 150 gm sliced tomatoes
- 60 gm sliced zucchini
- 45 gm fresh basil
- 25 ml olive oil
- 5-6 black olives
- 20 gm capers
- 5 cloves of garlic
How to Make Muffuletta Sandwich
- Grind all the spread ingredients together.
- Slice the bread in half.
- Apply the spread on the both the cut surfaces.
- Neatly arrange and layer the remaining ingredients.
- Sandwich with the remaining slice of bread.
- Serve with French fries and salad.
- (A muffuletta is a large, round, and somewhat flattened loaf with a sturdy texture, somewhat similar to focaccia)
Key Ingredients: pimiento
, bell pepper
, olive oil
, provolone cheese
, capers garlic