Mushroom Potato Rolls Recipe
Recipe Servings: 8
A delectable mushroom mixture filled inside potato dough and fried.
Ingredients of Mushroom Potato Rolls
- For the filling:
- 5-6 Tbsp oil
- 1 bowl of chopped onions
- 1 bowl of chopped tomatoes
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard powder - to taste
- Red chilli flakes - to taste
- 2 bowls mushrooms - boiled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
For the potato shell:
- 5-6 potatoes
- 2-3 slices of bread salt - to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 7 Tbsp maida
- Water - for batter
- Oil - for deep frying
How to Make Mushroom Potato Rolls
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly brown the onions.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Then add the salt, mustard powder and chilli flakes, stir.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for some time. Now add the tomato sauce, mix and add the Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Stir well and keep aside.
- In a mixie, grind the bread into crumbs and keep aside.
- Boil and grate the potatoes. Keep aside to cool.
- Now add the salt and butter to it, mix and knead with your hands.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of maida and mix again.
- Take small amounts of mashed potato and flatten them into round shapes.
- Add a spoonful of the mushroom filling onto each of these, gently seal into rolls
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- In the meantime make a thin maida batter with water in a bowl.
- Now gently dip the potato rolls into the batter, then roll them over the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry till crisp and brown. Serve hot with ketchup.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, Mustard powder
, Red chilli
, All Purpose Flour