Recipe Servings: 6
Paneer marinated in a green spicy mixture and grilled / fried. Garnished with coconut.
- 1/2 kg paneer-cubed
Grind to a paste:
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves-chopped
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 2 tsp ginger-chopped
- 8 black peppercorns
- 8 cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 black cardamom-shelled
- 1 Tbsp salt or sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Desiccated coconut for garnishing
- Mix lemon juice into the ground ingredients.
- Marinate the paneer in this masala paste for half an hour.
- Grill the paneer in a griller or pan-fry in a non-stick pan with very little oil.
- Serve the paneer hariyali hot, garnished with coconut.
Key Ingredients: cottage cheese
, green chillies
, lemon juice
, black cardamom
, desiccated coconut
, coriander leaves
, black pepper
, cardamom, rock salt