Paneer or Cottage Cheese
Recipe Servings: 4
A basic recipe of how to make soft cottage cheese at home. Cube it, fry it, crumble it and enjoy in the dishes of your choice.
- 1 kg full cream milk
- 2 Tbsp sour lime juice
- Boil the milk, lower heat and add lime juice, stirring till the milk begins to curdle.
- When the whey is clear, stop adding the solution, shut off the heat and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Drain curdled milk through a cloth and leave to set for an hour or so.
- They whey left behind is very nutritious and can be used for gravies, rice, lentils.
- Note: In case you live in the West, or somewhere where the milk is very rich, use a less fatty milk, or else the paneer will not hold its shape