Paneer or Cottage Cheese Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
A basic recipe of how to make soft cottage cheese at home. Cube it, fry it, crumble it and enjoy in the dishes of your choice.
Ingredients of Paneer or Cottage Cheese
- 1 kg full cream milk
- 2 Tbsp sour lime juice
How to Make Paneer or Cottage Cheese
- Boil the milk, lower heat and add lime juice, stirring till the milk begins to curdle.
- When the whey is clear, stop adding the solution, shut off the heat and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Drain curdled milk through a cloth and leave to set for an hour or so.
- They whey left behind is very nutritious and can be used for gravies, rice, lentils.
- Note: In case you live in the West, or somewhere where the milk is very rich, use a less fatty milk, or else the paneer will not hold its shape