Pasta Torta (Leftover Pasta Sandwich)
Pasta sandwich is an innovative sandwich recipe with some pasta, cheese and mushrooms. It can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast or snack item.
- 1 bowl of Leftover pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 multigrain bread loaf
- 50 gm Mozzarella cheese
- 10-12 Olives
- Butter- to taste
- Salt & pepper- to taste
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the red pepper in half, deseed and julienne.
- Julienne the mushrooms.
- Slice the bread loaf in 2 thick slices.
- In a hot pan add 2-3 tsp olive oil.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms and salt to taste.
- Add 4-5 olives halved.
- Then gently saute the vegetables.
- Add the leftover pasta, cook for some time, till the pasta is heated.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a bowl.
- Butter the bread slices generously.
- Slice mozzarella cheese and put it on one of the bread slices.
- Scoop the pasta onto the bread slice.
- Add one more mozzarella slice on top and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Heat the pan and add few drops of olive oil.
- Toast the bread till both sides turns golden brown.
- Serve it hot.