Recipe Servings: 6
Patishapta is a popular Bengali dessert. Thin crepes made with refined flour, rice flour and semolina. Stuffed with a tasty coconut and jaggery filling.
- For the batter:
- 1 cup refined flour / maida
- 1/2 cup sooji
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- Oil, to cook the patishapta
For the filling:
- 3 cups grated coconut / khoya
- 2 Tbsp sugar / date jaggery
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- For the filling:
- In a wok mix grated coconut or khoya with sugar or jaggery and place it over low flame. If making with khoya, add little milk.
- Add cardamom in it.
- Keep stirring the mixture till it gets sticky. Keep aside to cool. The process will take 15-20 minutes.
For the patishapta:
- Take maida, sooji and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add milk. Mix it carefully not making any lumps. Keep the mixture for half an hour.
- Heat the non stick pan. Put a little oil. Pour a thin layer of the mixture on it and spread it quickly with the laddle.
- Put the filling lengthwise at the center of it and roll it. Wait till the colour is light brown.
- Place it on the plate. Serve hot or cold.
- Tip: You can pour condensed milk over it before serving.