Pistachio Shortbread and Marinated Kiwi Salad
Recipe Servings: 4
Rounds of pistachio flavored bread stacked in layers with kiwi salad and served cold.
- For the short bread:
- 160 gm flour
- 120 gm butter
- 50 gm icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 10-12 pistachios, flaked
For the kiwi salad:
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Few mint leaves
- Sugar to taste
- Mix the flour, Icing sugar & butter to a crumble & add the egg yolks to form a soft dough.
- Roll it out & cut into roundels & glaze with egg white.
- Sprinkle pistachio flakes & bake at 180 C for 10 -15 mins.
- Slice the Kiwi fruit & marinate with lemon juice, orange juice & crushed black pepper.
- Add the mint leaves & some sugar.
- Layer the short bread with the kiwi salad & whipped cream. Make a tower & serve cold.