Priyanka's Pepperoni Pizza
Cook up Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra's favorite pepperoni pizza with a freshly made dough.
- For the Pizza Base:
- 500 gm flour
- 250 gm water
- 1/2 cup yeast mixed in water
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 4-5 tomatoes, blanched
- Some pepper
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of oregano
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Few basil leaves, fresh
- Buffalo mozzarella cheese, grated
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Slices of pepperoni
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Place the flour on a clean surface. Make a hole in the center and pour in the water. Add the yeast to it and knead the mixture.
- Add some olive oil and mix well.
- Knead the dough in a circular motion. You can some more water if the dough gets dry.
- Once done, let it rest for half an hour.
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor. Add pepper, olive oil, oregano, basil leaves and mix well.
- Once the dough has rested, place it on a flat surface, sprinkle some dry flour and open it up.
- Roll out the dough into a flat round disc.
- Spread the sauce over it. Then add the cheese to it.
- Lastly top it with the pepperoni and sun dried tomatoes.
- Bake it for around 15 minutes.
Key Ingredients: Flour
, water, yeast
, olive oil
, black pepper
, Mozzarella cheese
, Parmesan cheese