Punugulu is a famoust street food from Andhra Pradesh made with idli or dosa batter. Onions, coriander leaves, yogurt, idli mixture mixed together to form a thick batter and deep fried till golden.
Ingredients of Punugulu
- 1 cup maida
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 green chillies
- 1 &1/2 cups yogurt or buttermilk
- coriander leaves or cilantro (both are same)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
How to Make Punugulu
- Cut onion green chillies, and coriander leaves into small pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the maida and yogurt nicely into a thick mix with a consistency of idli mix. See that it does not become runny. If it does, you can add a little more maida to it.
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt to this mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make small balls of this mixture and fry them in hot oil. Wait till they turn golden brown.