Sarson Da Saag
Recipe Servings: 4
Here is the classic Punjabi dish, sarsoon da saag. Serve with some crisp makki di roti. Accompanied with some white butter and jaggery or honey, this is any foodie's heaven.
- 1 kg sarson ka saag
- 250 gm spinach
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp salt pinch of jaggery
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Boil sarson ka saag and spinach in water with salt and jaggery. Now grind it to a fine paste.
- Place on fire. Add wheat flour and stir constantly.
For the tempering:
- Heat clarified butter in pan.
- Add chopped onions and saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Then add ginger, garlic, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix it well.
- Now add the tampering to the saag.
- Cook the saag till it is done.
- Saag is ready to eat.
- Garnish with butter and serve hot with makki ki roti.