Sarson Da Saag Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Here is the classic Punjabi dish, sarsoon da saag. Serve with some crisp makki di roti. Accompanied with some white butter and jaggery or honey, this is any foodie's heaven.
Ingredients of Sarson Da Saag
- 1 kg sarson ka saag
- 250 gm spinach
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp salt pinch of jaggery
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
How to Make Sarson Da Saag
- Boil sarson ka saag and spinach in water with salt and jaggery. Now grind it to a fine paste.
- Place on fire. Add wheat flour and stir constantly.
For the tempering:
- Heat clarified butter in pan.
- Add chopped onions and saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Then add ginger, garlic, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix it well.
- Now add the tampering to the saag.
- Cook the saag till it is done.
- Saag is ready to eat.
- Garnish with butter and serve hot with makki ki roti.