Soy Protein and Bean Ragout Recipe
Soy protein stir fried with mushroom and zucchini, with the added flavour of freshly made chipotle chili paste.
Ingredients of Soy Protein and Bean Ragout
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 a green bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/2 cup kidney beans cooked
- 1 chipotle chili
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp bitter chocolate
- Few leaves oregano
- Few leaves parsley
- 7 button mushrooms
- 1 cup soy protein
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
How to Make Soy Protein and Bean Ragout
- Put soy protein in hot water until soft and hydrated.
- Put the chipotle chilies in hot water to rehydrate.
- Slice mushroom and onions.
- Put the onions in a pan and sauté with vegetable oil.
- Drain the soy protein and squeeze the excess water.
- Add to the onions and mushrooms in the pan and caramelise it.
- Fry them till they are a dark brown colour.
- Add the mushroom to the onions and soy protein.
- Add the diced zucchini and nicely sweat the vegetables.
For the Chipotle Chili Paste:
- Add the garlic, spring onion, cumin powder and tomato puree into a mixer.
- Along with the hydrated chipotle chilies with some of the leftover chipotle water.
Blitz it into a nice paste.
- Then add this chipotle chili paste to the vegetables.
- Deglaze with the orange juice.
- Add cooked rajma/ kidney beans and mix well & add in grated bitter chocolate.
- Mix it all together.
- Add salt to taste, tomato juice and soy sauce.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
Key Ingredients: rice
, bell pepper
, spring onion
, kidney beans
, cumin seeds
, soya sauce
, vegetable oil