Recipe of Spanish Meat Balls
Recipe Servings: 5
Minced chicken combined with spices, shaped into balls and fried. Dipped into a tomato and wine based gravy.
- 2 medium onions, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 small glass of white wine
- Little flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Half a stock cube, dissolved in a cup of hot water
- 400g minced chicken
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 5 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 small, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- A small cup of peas
How to Make Spanish Meat Balls
- Grate one of the onion and crush one of the clove of garlic.
- Add the grated onion, chopped garlic, Soy sauce, oregano or mixed herbs and the bread crumbs to the meat, and mix all ingredients together.
- Make a small ball with the mixture about the size of a large marble.
- Coat them lightly in the flour and put all the balls on a large plate until you are ready to fry them.
- Now make the sauce. Finely chop the other onion and garlic clove.
- Place both of them in a non-stick pan with 3 tbsp olive oil, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fry gently until they are soft. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook.
- Pour in the white wine and the cloves, the stock cube dissolved in water, the peas, the bay leaf and the tomato puree.
- Put the remaining olive oil in a separate non-stick frying pan, enough to cover the bottom of the pan and fry the meatballs until they are brown all over.
- You will probably need to fry them in 2 or 3 batches, depending on the size of your fry pan.
- As each batch is ready, put the meat balls straight into the pan with the sauce.
- When they are all done and in the pan, leave them to simmer in the sauce for about half an hour.
- You can serve the meatballs on their own as a tapes dish or as a main course accompanied by a green leafy salad or red pepper salad.
Key Ingredients: onion
, Olive oil
, white wine
, all purpose flour
, black pepper
, tomato puree
, soya sauce
, green peas
, bay leaf