Recipe Servings: 4
Potatoes cooked in tomatoes and chillies. Spice up your meal with this easy to make potato recipe.
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3-4 green chillies
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1 small piece chopped ginger
- 1 bunch chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Boil, cool and peel the potatoes. Dice them into small pieces.
- Boil, cool and peel the tomatoes and grind to a fine puree.
- Finely chop onions and three to four green chillies.
- Dry roast coriander, cumin and sesame seeds. Allow it to cool and grind.
- Blend garlic, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, water and salt to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, add chopped onions and tomato puree , cook on low heat. Then add the coriander garlic paste and saute for some time.
- As the fat starts separating, add the potatoes and two heaped teaspoons of the dry masala (coriander, cumin and sesame that has been dry roasted and ground earlier)
- When the potatoes are cooked, serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Potatoes
, coriander seeds
, cumin seeds
, sesame seeds
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, vegetable oil